Frequently Asked Questions
Won't these packrafts puncture easily?
This is the most common question we get asked! The answer is: no! MRS packrafts are extremely durable and can withstand a lot of wear and tear. Check out this amazing story from our friend whose packraft was sucked into a rocky underwater cave in Myanmar for weeks ... and was still usable.
MRS packrafts are made out of high quality, reinforced, highly durable materials such as 840D, 430 D high strength nylon fabric and TPU urethane which is Bluesign® certified (for performance and being environmentally friendly).
What is the warranty?
MRS offers a three-year warranty that covers the original purchaser. It is non-transferable to subsequent owners. The warranty covers quality and production issues. The warranty does not cover damage or malfunction caused by alteration, modifications, improper or unreasonable use or maintenance, misuse, abuse, accidents, neglect, fire, and improper packaging.
For minor repairs, MRS recommends using the repair kit (included with the sale of the packraft).
For other repairs related to production issues, clean, dry and send the packraft back to the factory where it will be repaired. You need only cover the shipping costs. Please contact us for any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I inflate and use my MRS packraft?
People often don't believe when we tell them how easy it is to inflate these packrafts! With a bit of practice using the inflation bag, we can inflate our packrafts in around 2 minutes. Of course, you could also use a pump, but we find this bulky and unnecessary. After inflating your packraft with the bag, you will need a few big breaths on the valve to finish it off.
Please note, that when the packraft is placed in cold water, the air will compress. Wait a few minutes and then top up with a few more breaths. Also note that if you leave the packraft in the sun, the air will expand.
- Download the MRS Packraft user manual:
What is the best packraft for me?
What should I consider when choosing a packraft?
What do I need to be aware of regarding packraft safety?
Packrafting is a water sport associated with numerous risks and potential dangers, including serious injury or death, but with a few safety precautions, it can be a lot of fun!
Always use a personal flotation device (PFD) and a helmet if you plan to be in whitewater. Do not have any long cords hanging off your boat that could get stuck and trap or entangle you. We highly recommend that you take the time to read this book that will prepare you for every situation you may face. Practice using your packraft in a swimming pool or in still, shallow water before venturing out for the first time, and make sure that you are comfortable with how to get in and out confidently. Be aware of the weather and conditions as water can change very quickly. Get advice or research the area you plan to paddle in, and always let a friend know where you are going and when you plan to be home. Don't push yourself beyond your comfort level, and if you really want to explore and venture into white water, take a certified course. You'll meet a lot of friends, and it will pay off in the long run.
How do I repair my Packraft?
Most repairs can be easily done yourself. Here are a few repair materials that will work for repairing your packraft or get you out of a tough spot.
- MRS Patches - are included with every purchase, but due to shipping restrictions, the adhesive is not included.
- Tyvek Tape: For a quick, temporary fix.
- GEAR AID Aquaseal FD: this needs a few hours to cure.
- Clifton Urethane Adhesive LA 4123: Works well if you need to stick a patch on. Takes the longest time to cure.
- The Packrafting Handbook by Luc Mehl has some great advice on repairing your packraft.
What is the best packraft paddle?
It depends on how much you want to spend and how light you want to travel. The BEST paddle we carry is our ultra-lightweight carbon fiber paddle. But if that is out of your budget, the fiberglass paddle is just as great, and only 390 grams (13.8 ounces) heavier.
What is your return policy?
Most of our items are eligible for our 30-day refund policy. If your product is faulty or damaged, you can email us with photographic proof & request a refund.
Please email: email@example.com with your refund claim.
- To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
- To be eligible, the item must be faulty or damaged. We do not accept refunds if you change your mind and decide you no longer want your purchase. Please provide photographic proof that the product is faulty or damaged.
- Sale items are not eligible for refunds. If an item is discounted, it cannot be refunded.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, or beverages cannot be returned.
Additional non-returnable items:
- Gift cards
- Book with obvious signs of use
- Packaged items that have been opened.
- Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
- We will notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
- If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 30 days of receiving your email.
Late or missing refundsIf you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next, contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged.