MRS packrafts have become our number one best-selling item, and it’s easy to see why. They are fantastic on so many levels: quality of material, lightweight, easy to assemble and pack up, great warranty and FUN! Our family loves spending time exploring mountain lakes and canals near our home around the Rocky Mountains. While we have not personally gone through any rapids yet, lots of our customers have, and they love MRS packrafts for whitewater.
If you aren’t familiar with packrafting, one of the newer sports in North America, it can seem like these boats are too good to be true! They fit into a backpack (no more carrying around a big bulky canoe or kayak, thank you) and are surprisingly easy to inflate with the screw-on airbag where you “catch” air and compress it into the boat. After about ten scoops of air from the airbag, the vessel is 90% inflated. A few more puffs from your mouth or an optional (not-included) pump, and your raft is buoyant and ready to go. Another surprising feature of these beauties is how sturdy they actually are. When people first see them, they think that they are going to rip easily, but they are actually very strong. And in the improbable event of damage to the material, MRS offers a three-year warranty. Our good friend had his stuck in an underwater cave for months, and even after that crazy adventure, he was able to use his MRS packraft.
The material is hand-made from high-quality urethane-coated nylon, (not PVC or Hypalon like other cheaper boats on the market). This material is light, abrasion-resistant, UV tolerant, non-ageing and maintains flexibility at low temperatures. It has been specially treated to make a smooth, scratch-resistant surface. This creates a supple material for easy packing and folding. It is also very easy to repair in the unlikely event that the packraft should need a patch.
MRS fully supports sustainable development and is deeply involved in the research and development of TPU coated fabric. The TPU fabric in the MRS packrafts are all Swiss Bluesign®-certified, meaning that they are environmental-friendly and manufactured in a safe workspace.
The Alligator 2S Series is a packraft designed mainly for white water and streams. Its fully sealed spraydeck is completely waterproof even withstanding pressure from waves. This packraft is equipped with an adjustable 3-point thigh strap, making it easy to control the vessel as it will move with you.
This updated version of the Alligator 2S series has a redesigned stern and bow, making it more stable while at the same time more agile. It features the heavier 420D tube material, making it extra robust for even the most demanding users. The adjustment of the packraft's bottom has improved the hull's wear resistance. The XXL is a wider and larger version, making it more accommodating for a variety of heights and weights (see details below).
This model has been specially designed for whitewater. This product opens up a whole new realm of hiking possibilities and adventures for you to explore. It is a perfect option for backpacking.
The Alligator 2S Pro ISS series comes with an internal storage system (ISS), where the stern of the boat can be accessed with a water-resistant zipper and the side tubes can be stuffed with more storage. This proves to be an advantage in handling the boat and does not affect buoyancy. However, once you open the zip, the craft deflates, so you will want to be strategic about what you store in the side tubes. Using a drybag will make it easy to access your gear from the side tube.
The difference between the Alligator 2S and the Alligator 2S Pro is that the Pro has more features such as:
1. A 4-point adjustable thigh strap to provide more agile & control response & more attachment points so that paddlers can adjust the straps to their height
2. An enhanced packraft bottom, which makes the packraft more suitable for harsh environments. (This also increases the weight of the packraft by 12%).
3. Unique black/yellow ribbon hull
4. The ISS (Internal storage system) is standard and comes with all Pro models 5. The XXL version is equipped with attachment point options for the backrest and an adjustable footrest.
- Weight: 3.75 kg (8.26 lbs)
- XXL Weight: 4.30 kg (9.5 lbs)
- Capacity (Person): 1
- Inner Length: 131 cm (51.6 inches)
- XXL Inner Length: 136 cm (53.5 inches)
- Outer Length: 255 cm (100.4 inches)
- XXL Outer Length: 269 cm (105.9 inches)
- Inner Width: 32 cm (12.6 inches)
- XXL Inner Width: 34 cm (13.4 inches)
- Outer Width: 87 cm (34.2 inches)
- XXL Outer Width: 92 cm (36.2 inches)
- Tube diameter: 27.5 cm (10.8 inches)
- XXL Tube diameter: 29 cm (11.4 inches)
- Pack size: 40 x 60 x 30 cm (15.7 x 23.6 x 11.8 inches)
- Recommended capacity: 94 kg (207 lbs)
- XXL recommended capacity: 112 kg (247 lbs)
- Maximum capacity: 131 kg (288 lbs)
- XXL Maximum capacity: 154 kg (339.5 lbs)
- Speed: 4 (out of 6)
Whitewater: 6 (out of 6)
- Seat cushion & backrest: 1
- Spraydeck: yes
- Grab loops: 10
- Thigh straps: 4-point
- Repair material: 50 grams (1.8 ounce)
- Inflation bag: 130 grams (4.6 ounces)
- Pack strap/bag: 80 grams (2.8 ounce)
- Includes: seat, backrest, inflation bag, repair patches, straps, skeg, spraydeck frame, skirt, user's manual
- Colors: Red, Yellow, Blue, Green
MRS offers a three-year warranty.
Your friends will wonder where you got this fun, affordable, inflatable boat. Order yours today!
This is a seasonal product, and shipping will vary accordingly. During the summer months, shipping will take longer. Please note that shipping could take up to 4 weeks, depending on supply.